|VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of www.pigment.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Browns And The Cold Semi-neutral Grays Marrone Is Practically To
- Black Chalk
- Also Called Scarlet Chrome Is A Bright Chromate Of Lead Of An
- Burnt Verdigris
- Belong The Dutch And Flemish Schools; The Sensible Which Aims At
- Composition Chemical Analysis Has Shown Several Of The Blues To Be
- Less Known As English Red Prussian Red And Scarlet Ochre True
- Olive In Dark Green; Russet And Citrine In Dark Orange The
- Known Likewise As Raw Sienna Earth Terra Di Sienna &c Is A
- Root Of The Anchusa Tinctoria Commonly Known As Alkanet A Plant
Least Viewed- Pitch And [greek: Kallos] Ornament The Blue Is Named Pittacal
- Otherwise Called Berlin Blue Paris Blue Prussiate Of Iron
- Besides The Preceding There Is A Basic Prussian Blue Formed By
- Variety Of This Pigment Known As Native Prussian Blue; Which Is
- Blackened The Cobalt Blue Greened The Genuine Ultramarine Remained
- Native Ultramarine Natural Ultramarine Real Ultramarine True
- In All The Variety Of Its Hues Composed Of Yellow And Red A True Or
- With Green It Forms The Tertiary Citrine And With Purple The Tertiary
- Peculiar Red Mineral Orange
- Constitutes In Like Manner The Tertiary Russet Of The Three Secondary
Compounded And Be As A Mixture Semi-stable Or Fugitive
It need hardly be observed that the number of permanent orange, green,
and purple hues which the artist can compound, depends mainly on the
number of permanent yellows, reds, and blues at his disposal. In mixed
orange, therefore, a selection of durable yellows and reds is of the
first importance. It should, however, be remarked that mixed orange,
more sober and less decided, is obtainable by the use of citrine and
russet; in the former of which yellow predominates, and in the latter,
red: consequently orange results when yellow is added to russet, red to
citrine, or citrine to russet.
PERMANENT YELLOWS. PERMANENT REDS.
Aureolin. Cadmium Red.
Cadmium, deep. Liquid Rubiate.
Cadmium, pale. Madder Carmine.
Lemon Yellow. Rose Madder.
Mars Yellow. Mars Red.
Naples Yellow, modern. Ochres.
None of these pigments react on each other, and from them can be
produced the most durable mixed orange that yellow and red will afford.
TTITLE NEUTRAL ORANGE,
Next: Or Penley's Neutral Orange Is A Permanent Compound Pigment Composed
Previous: A Mixture Will Slowly But Surely Lose The Colour For Which It Was