|VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of www.pigment.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Browns And The Cold Semi-neutral Grays Marrone Is Practically To
- Black Chalk
- Burnt Verdigris
- Belong The Dutch And Flemish Schools; The Sensible Which Aims At
- Also Called Scarlet Chrome Is A Bright Chromate Of Lead Of An
- Composition Chemical Analysis Has Shown Several Of The Blues To Be
- Less Known As English Red Prussian Red And Scarlet Ochre True
- Known Likewise As Raw Sienna Earth Terra Di Sienna &c Is A
- Root Of The Anchusa Tinctoria Commonly Known As Alkanet A Plant
- Olive In Dark Green; Russet And Citrine In Dark Orange The
Least Viewed- Pigment The [greek: Kinnabari] Of The Greeks And The Minium--a Term
- Red And Blue In The Proportions Of Five Of The Former To Eight Of
- To Keep In Mind--the Glow Of Sunshine And The Cool Of Shade
- Fineness Of Texture Is Produced By Extreme Grinding And Levigation
- With Regard To Colours Individually It Is A General Law Of Their
- Latent Colour Not Immediately Apparent Apart From The Beauty Which A
- Known Likewise As Kremnitz Crems Or Krems White Is A Carbonate
- Extract From Mr Aaron Penley's English School Of Painting In Water
- The Secondary Orange And Its Near Relatives Scarlet &c; And With
- Compounding Black And All Other Neutrals Into Which It Enters In The
Compounded And Be As A Mixture Semi-stable Or Fugitive
It need hardly be observed that the number of permanent orange, green,
and purple hues which the artist can compound, depends mainly on the
number of permanent yellows, reds, and blues at his disposal. In mixed
orange, therefore, a selection of durable yellows and reds is of the
first importance. It should, however, be remarked that mixed orange,
more sober and less decided, is obtainable by the use of citrine and
russet; in the former of which yellow predominates, and in the latter,
red: consequently orange results when yellow is added to russet, red to
citrine, or citrine to russet.
PERMANENT YELLOWS. PERMANENT REDS.
Aureolin. Cadmium Red.
Cadmium, deep. Liquid Rubiate.
Cadmium, pale. Madder Carmine.
Lemon Yellow. Rose Madder.
Mars Yellow. Mars Red.
Naples Yellow, modern. Ochres.
None of these pigments react on each other, and from them can be
produced the most durable mixed orange that yellow and red will afford.
TTITLE NEUTRAL ORANGE,
Next: Or Penley's Neutral Orange Is A Permanent Compound Pigment Composed
Previous: A Mixture Will Slowly But Surely Lose The Colour For Which It Was