|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Browns And The Cold Semi-neutral Grays Marrone Is Practically To
- Black Chalk
- Burnt Verdigris
- Also Called Scarlet Chrome Is A Bright Chromate Of Lead Of An
- Belong The Dutch And Flemish Schools; The Sensible Which Aims At
- Composition Chemical Analysis Has Shown Several Of The Blues To Be
- Less Known As English Red Prussian Red And Scarlet Ochre True
- Known Likewise As Raw Sienna Earth Terra Di Sienna &c Is A
- Root Of The Anchusa Tinctoria Commonly Known As Alkanet A Plant
- Olive In Dark Green; Russet And Citrine In Dark Orange The
Least Viewed- Pigment The [greek: Kinnabari] Of The Greeks And The Minium--a Term
- Pitch And [greek: Kallos] Ornament The Blue Is Named Pittacal
- Of The Bixa Orellana And Appears Generally To Contain Two Colouring
- Purple Being A Secondary Colour Composed Of Blue And Red It
- From The Semi-neutral Gray In Not Being Coloured By Any Primary
- With The Exception Of Madder Those Colours Mostly Affected By Light
- Splendid Viridian A Green Nothing But Fire Will Change And No
- Body Was Formerly Prepared From Indigo--in Spanish Anil Whence The
- So Called From The Arabic Alkermes It Is Sometimes Spelt Cermes
- Than Themselves; And Into Painters Whose Motto Is Vita Brevis Est Ars
Compounded And Be As A Mixture Semi-stable Or Fugitive
It need hardly be observed that the number of permanent orange, green,
and purple hues which the artist can compound, depends mainly on the
number of permanent yellows, reds, and blues at his disposal. In mixed
orange, therefore, a selection of durable yellows and reds is of the
first importance. It should, however, be remarked that mixed orange,
more sober and less decided, is obtainable by the use of citrine and
russet; in the former of which yellow predominates, and in the latter,
red: consequently orange results when yellow is added to russet, red to
citrine, or citrine to russet.
PERMANENT YELLOWS. PERMANENT REDS.
Aureolin. Cadmium Red.
Cadmium, deep. Liquid Rubiate.
Cadmium, pale. Madder Carmine.
Lemon Yellow. Rose Madder.
Mars Yellow. Mars Red.
Naples Yellow, modern. Ochres.
None of these pigments react on each other, and from them can be
produced the most durable mixed orange that yellow and red will afford.
TTITLE NEUTRAL ORANGE,
Next: Or Penley's Neutral Orange Is A Permanent Compound Pigment Composed
Previous: A Mixture Will Slowly But Surely Lose The Colour For Which It Was