|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Browns And The Cold Semi-neutral Grays Marrone Is Practically To
- Black Chalk
- Burnt Verdigris
- Belong The Dutch And Flemish Schools; The Sensible Which Aims At
- Also Called Scarlet Chrome Is A Bright Chromate Of Lead Of An
- Composition Chemical Analysis Has Shown Several Of The Blues To Be
- Less Known As English Red Prussian Red And Scarlet Ochre True
- Known Likewise As Raw Sienna Earth Terra Di Sienna &c Is A
- Root Of The Anchusa Tinctoria Commonly Known As Alkanet A Plant
- Olive In Dark Green; Russet And Citrine In Dark Orange The
Least Viewed- Pigment The [greek: Kinnabari] Of The Greeks And The Minium--a Term
- Or Quercitron Yellow Is What Its Name Implies It Is Dark In
- Lake Florentine Lake Hamburgh Lake Roman Lake Venetian
- Or L500 For The Production Of Artificial Ultramarine By The Societe
- Or Swedish Green Resembles The Preceding Variety In Being A Compound
- Mountains Of Kernhausen Whence It Is Sometimes Called Hungary Green
- Secondaries Orange And Green Of Both Which Yellow Is A
- Subordinates For Orange And Purple Being The Immediate Constituents
- Note Here The Difference Between Gray As Spelt With An A And Grey As
- With The Exception Of Madder Those Colours Mostly Affected By Light
Compounded And Be As A Mixture Semi-stable Or Fugitive
It need hardly be observed that the number of permanent orange, green,
and purple hues which the artist can compound, depends mainly on the
number of permanent yellows, reds, and blues at his disposal. In mixed
orange, therefore, a selection of durable yellows and reds is of the
first importance. It should, however, be remarked that mixed orange,
more sober and less decided, is obtainable by the use of citrine and
russet; in the former of which yellow predominates, and in the latter,
red: consequently orange results when yellow is added to russet, red to
citrine, or citrine to russet.
PERMANENT YELLOWS. PERMANENT REDS.
Aureolin. Cadmium Red.
Cadmium, deep. Liquid Rubiate.
Cadmium, pale. Madder Carmine.
Lemon Yellow. Rose Madder.
Mars Yellow. Mars Red.
Naples Yellow, modern. Ochres.
None of these pigments react on each other, and from them can be
produced the most durable mixed orange that yellow and red will afford.
TTITLE NEUTRAL ORANGE,
Next: Or Penley's Neutral Orange Is A Permanent Compound Pigment Composed
Previous: A Mixture Will Slowly But Surely Lose The Colour For Which It Was