|I love dreams where one doesn't have sex, but there's a knowing checmistry and you feel, when you wake up, that it's been better than sex alone. My dream last night was a good friend (colleague) and I taking photo's of a fantastic lightning storm ou... Read more of Taking 'Photos at My Dreams.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Advancing And Receding Colors
- Wall Proportions
- Contrast Analogies
- Color Proportions
- Artificial Light Application
- Color Terms
- Color Terms
- Color Nomenclature&mdashharmonies
- Color Control
Least Viewed- To Determine The Color Sense
- Power Necessary
- Dress And Complexion
- Room Combinations
- Sequence Of Harmonies
- Harmonies For The Room
- Decorative Proportions
- Colors That Give Size To A Room
Advancing And Receding Colors
80. Citrine is an advancing color, because while it contains some blue in the green of its composition, it contains a preponderance of yellow and orange; slate is a receding color, because while it contains some yellow in the green of its composition, it contains a preponderance of blue; in the same way plum may be regarded as an advancing color, because of its preponderance of red; buff is an advancing color, because of its preponderance of yellow; sage is a receding color, because of its preponderance of blue.
81. The carpet should always be in the low tone, and in a small room a bordered carpet should be always tabooed. So also should one avoid the use of one rug so placed that a border of woodwork shows around it, because this gives the border effect and makes a small floor space look still smaller. Better use small rugs. The use of a lot of narrow rugs lengthwise along a narrow room will make the room look all the narrower, but the same rugs placed crosswise would make a room look wider.
The diagrams which we have prepared will give even the man who understands it all a quicker grasp of the points involved.
82. Width effect and distance effect are obtained best by arranging the smaller pieces at the farthest points.
83. It is the same with pictures. While a room should be balanced, and the pictures placed in a manner to give this result, it is best, where possible, to keep the larger pictures, larger effects, always near the eye. The crowding of large pieces at the farthest point diminishes the apparent size of the room.
Next: Floor Treatments
Previous: Colors That Give Size To A Room