|While working on a sermon the pastor heard a knock at his office door. "Come in," he invited. A sad-looking man in threadbare clothes came in, pulling a large pig on a rope. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" asked the ma... Read more of How To Screw Up An Interview at Free Jokes.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Advancing And Receding Colors
- Wall Proportions
- Contrast Analogies
- Artificial Light Application
- Color Terms
- Color Terms
- Color Proportions
- Color Control
- Color Nomenclature&mdashharmonies
Least Viewed- The Color Of Artificial Lights
- Dress And Complexion
- Light Color Form Proportion And Dimensions
- Color In Large Or Small Rooms
- Room Combinations
- Decorative Proportions
- Colors That Give Size To A Room
- Color Schemes For Rooms Under Normal Conditions
- The Wall The Keynote Color
Advancing And Receding Colors
80. Citrine is an advancing color, because while it contains some blue in the green of its composition, it contains a preponderance of yellow and orange; slate is a receding color, because while it contains some yellow in the green of its composition, it contains a preponderance of blue; in the same way plum may be regarded as an advancing color, because of its preponderance of red; buff is an advancing color, because of its preponderance of yellow; sage is a receding color, because of its preponderance of blue.
81. The carpet should always be in the low tone, and in a small room a bordered carpet should be always tabooed. So also should one avoid the use of one rug so placed that a border of woodwork shows around it, because this gives the border effect and makes a small floor space look still smaller. Better use small rugs. The use of a lot of narrow rugs lengthwise along a narrow room will make the room look all the narrower, but the same rugs placed crosswise would make a room look wider.
The diagrams which we have prepared will give even the man who understands it all a quicker grasp of the points involved.
82. Width effect and distance effect are obtained best by arranging the smaller pieces at the farthest points.
83. It is the same with pictures. While a room should be balanced, and the pictures placed in a manner to give this result, it is best, where possible, to keep the larger pictures, larger effects, always near the eye. The crowding of large pieces at the farthest point diminishes the apparent size of the room.
Next: Floor Treatments
Previous: Colors That Give Size To A Room