|I love dreams where one doesn't have sex, but there's a knowing checmistry and you feel, when you wake up, that it's been better than sex alone. My dream last night was a good friend (colleague) and I taking photo's of a fantastic lightning storm ou... Read more of Taking 'Photos at My Dreams.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Advancing And Receding Colors
- Wall Proportions
- Contrast Analogies
- Artificial Light Application
- Color Terms
- Color Terms
- Color Proportions
- Color Control
- Color Nomenclature&mdashharmonies
Least Viewed- Absorption And Reflection
- Period Uses Of Color
- Color Vocabulary
- Artificial Lighting
- Light Color Form Proportion And Dimensions
- Sequence Of Harmonies
- Harmonies For The Room
- Decorative Proportions
- Colors That Give Size To A Room
- The Psychology Of Color
22. In the use of one color with another of contrasting character the question frequently arises, what proportion of each should be used to obtain the best effect? Illustrative color books show usually samples of color of the same size, leading one unconsciously to the error that contrasting colors should occupy the same surface dimensions.
23. In every room there must be a prevailing or dominant color, and the use of a contrasting color must be limited to proportions which give simply a pleasing emphasis. Let us assume that a room has a deep frieze pronouncedly green. To treat the rest of the wall in red of a direct contrast would be ineffective.
24. If a rule can be applied we would say that no strong normal color should be used in large surfaces. If we were dealing with pigments we would say that if one-sixth of a side-wall is devoted to a frieze in green, the balance of the wall space should be treated with the same amount of red, mixed with the same amount of gray.
25. For a room that is small and well lighted the fresh tints are not as desirable as the gray shades or tertiaries in conjunction with secondaries.
Next: Color In Large Or Small Rooms
Previous: Contrast Analogies