|In the very zenith of Curran's professional career, he was consulted in a case of extremely novel character, which arose out of the following circumstances:-- Not many doors from Eden Quay, in Upper Sackville-street, lived a young lady of ve... Read more of The Serenading Lover at Free Jokes.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Advancing And Receding Colors
- Wall Proportions
- Contrast Analogies
- Color Proportions
- Artificial Light Application
- Color Terms
- Color Terms
- Color Nomenclature&mdashharmonies
- Color Control
Least Viewed- To Determine The Color Sense
- The Color Of Artificial Lights
- Power Necessary
- Dress And Complexion
- Room Combinations
- Sequence Of Harmonies
- Harmonies For The Room
- Decorative Proportions
The Wall The Keynote Color
92. Our theory of color as applied to room furnishings provides always that the side-wall is the keynote and this keynote is usually fixed for practical reasons in sympathy with the furniture; above to the ceiling’s center the note ascends and below to the floor center it descends; it goes into tints as it ascends and into deeper shades of gray and brown as it descends.
If, for instance, blue is the keynote, by adding black you have drabs, slates or grays for the floor, while if the keynote be red you have écrus and browns for the floor light or gray, according to the color scale of the keynote.
93. It must be understood that in designating a color we do not mean that it shall be solid or pure, but merely that it prevails.
A side-wall may be treated in several colors, but as long as orange prevails, it follows the conditions of the combination, pages. The factors included in the line designated A are all of one color family. The factors indicated by B are also family colors. It will be seen that the A or B colors taken by themselves form harmonies of analogy; it is only by combining the A’s with the B’s that we have harmonies of contrast.
If a room is to be done in harmonies of analogy, use the A colors alone or the B colors alone, but never A and B together.
Next: The Psychology Of Color
Previous: Color Schemes For Rooms Under Normal Conditions