|Once, while Jesus was journeying about, He passed near a town where a man named Jairus lived. This man was a ruler in the synagogue, and he had just one little daughter about twelve years of age. At the time that Jesus was there the little ... Read more of THE STORY OF JAIRUS'S DAUGHTER at Children Stories.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Advancing And Receding Colors
- Wall Proportions
- Contrast Analogies
- Artificial Light Application
- Color Proportions
- Color Terms
- Color Terms
- Color Nomenclature&mdashharmonies
- Color Control
Least Viewed- Light Color Form Proportion And Dimensions
- Color Schemes For Rooms Under Normal Conditions
- Decorative Proportions
- Color Vocabulary
- The Color Of Artificial Lights
- Room Combinations
- The Psychology Of Color
The Wall The Keynote Color
92. Our theory of color as applied to room furnishings provides always that the side-wall is the keynote and this keynote is usually fixed for practical reasons in sympathy with the furniture; above to the ceiling’s center the note ascends and below to the floor center it descends; it goes into tints as it ascends and into deeper shades of gray and brown as it descends.
If, for instance, blue is the keynote, by adding black you have drabs, slates or grays for the floor, while if the keynote be red you have écrus and browns for the floor light or gray, according to the color scale of the keynote.
93. It must be understood that in designating a color we do not mean that it shall be solid or pure, but merely that it prevails.
A side-wall may be treated in several colors, but as long as orange prevails, it follows the conditions of the combination, pages. The factors included in the line designated A are all of one color family. The factors indicated by B are also family colors. It will be seen that the A or B colors taken by themselves form harmonies of analogy; it is only by combining the A’s with the B’s that we have harmonies of contrast.
If a room is to be done in harmonies of analogy, use the A colors alone or the B colors alone, but never A and B together.
Next: The Psychology Of Color
Previous: Color Schemes For Rooms Under Normal Conditions