|There are two great classes of sentences according to the general principles upon which they are founded. These are termed the loose and the periodic. In the loose sentence the main idea is put first, and then follow several facts in connect... Read more of SENTENCE CLASSIFICATION at Speaking Writing.com|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Advancing And Receding Colors
- Wall Proportions
- Contrast Analogies
- Color Proportions
- Color Terms
- Color Terms
- Artificial Light Application
- Color Nomenclature&mdashharmonies
- Color Control
Least Viewed- Color Vocabulary
- Sequence Of Harmonies
- Harmonies For The Room
- Floor Treatments
- Absorption And Reflection
- Light Effect On Color
- The Color Of Artificial Lights
- Power Necessary
- Contiguous Harmonies
- Room Proportions
On the preceding pages we present a quick-reference chart of rules that should be followed in furnishing rooms under various conditions of Light and Proportion.
67. A large room with high ceiling and well lighted.
There are two considerations to bear uppermost in mind: Proportions affected by Color and Proportions affected by Design.
75. It is easily understood that a large room may be safely furnished with large pieces of furniture, but where there is a wide expanse of floor space care must be exercised to secure broken heights: In a high-ceilinged room the furniture must not be all high; in a low-ceilinged room the furniture must not be all low.
Avoid straight line effects in the furniture heights and in the wall-paper, which, if in pronounced patterns, must balance in conspicuous wall members and show the broken junctures or bad matchings in inconspicuous or obscure corners.
Next: Colors That Give Size To A Room
Previous: Room Proportions