|A lady very well known to myself, and in literary society, lived as a girl with an antiquarian father in an old house dear to an antiquary. It was haunted, among other things, by footsteps. The old oak staircase had two creaking steps, numb... Read more of The Creaking Stair at Scary Stories.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Advancing And Receding Colors
- Wall Proportions
- Contrast Analogies
- Color Terms
- Color Terms
- Artificial Light Application
- Color Proportions
- Color Nomenclature&mdashharmonies
- Color Control
Least Viewed- Harmonies For The Room
- The Wall The Keynote Color
- Illusion Effect And Expression In The Use Of Lines
- Sequence Of Harmonies
- Color Vocabulary
- Power Necessary
- Room Combinations
- Decorative Proportions
- Colors That Give Size To A Room
On the preceding pages we present a quick-reference chart of rules that should be followed in furnishing rooms under various conditions of Light and Proportion.
67. A large room with high ceiling and well lighted.
There are two considerations to bear uppermost in mind: Proportions affected by Color and Proportions affected by Design.
75. It is easily understood that a large room may be safely furnished with large pieces of furniture, but where there is a wide expanse of floor space care must be exercised to secure broken heights: In a high-ceilinged room the furniture must not be all high; in a low-ceilinged room the furniture must not be all low.
Avoid straight line effects in the furniture heights and in the wall-paper, which, if in pronounced patterns, must balance in conspicuous wall members and show the broken junctures or bad matchings in inconspicuous or obscure corners.
Next: Colors That Give Size To A Room
Previous: Room Proportions