|Auto Suggestion.ca - practical informations and guides on self hypnosis and auto suggesting. Visit Auto Suggestion.ca|| Informational|
|Home - Chromatography - Color Value - Aesthetics - Photography|
Most Viewed- Advancing And Receding Colors
- Wall Proportions
- Contrast Analogies
- Color Proportions
- Artificial Light Application
- Color Terms
- Color Terms
- Color Nomenclature&mdashharmonies
- Color Control
Least Viewed- The Color Of Artificial Lights
- Harmonies For The Room
- Decorative Proportions
- Colors That Give Size To A Room
- Light Effect On Color
- Reflective Power Of Color
- Power Necessary
- Period Uses Of Color
Color Schemes For Rooms Under Normal Conditions
(TN: left page of two page table)
(TN: right page of two page table)
Exception 1. The ceiling, where there is no pronounced cornice or cove, should follow the wall tint.
Exception 2. Independent of rule, a low ceiling should be in receding color.
It is impossible to tabulate directions for using color without an understanding of the conditions, the size, light and height of a room. The above tables relate only to normal conditions.
White woodwork can be used effectively in the trims of a room and give greater light and size. The darker the wood trims the smaller the room appears. We have left out of consideration the window treatments which, as a rule, should be of white lace, perhaps overdraped in colored stuffs. If the room is poorly lighted, it is obviously undesirable to cut off any light from the window by even laces; the curtains, therefore, in a poorly lighted room should be draped back. Colored laces, grenadines or madras stuffs are frequently used to give period style or color tone, and wherever they are used, such curtains should harmonize with the wall. So also with the overdraperies to the lace curtains.
89. Luminous or advancing colors make a small room look all the smaller; therefore in small rooms we suggest the use of white woodwork, and in the color treatment we would avoid contrasts, but would suggest harmonies of analogy in receding colors, soft grays, greens and blues. These are not luminous colors and will make a small room look the larger, while the white will give light effects, and if the room appears a trifle somber it can be easily relieved by the bright colors of the bric-à-brac and by a touch of gold here and there on the wall.
90. There are cases where a small room has a northern exposure, and while apparently expedient to treat such a room in warm colors to supply the deficiency of sunlight, such a course would make a room look smaller.
91. Under the circumstances treat the room in light hues, gray preferred, and get the deficiency of sunlight through some warm isolated details and in the lace curtains.
Next: The Wall The Keynote Color
Previous: Floor Treatments